Sean Maguire as King Leonidas
|Running Time:||86 min.|
|Release Date:||January 25, 2008 (USA)|
|Director:||Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer|
|Producer(s):||Jason Friedberg, Peter Safran, Aaron Seltzer|
|Screenplay:||Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer|
|Cast:||Carmen Electra, Ken Davitian, Kevin Sorbo, Diedrich Bader, Method Man, Jareb Dauplaise, Travis Van Winkle, Phil Morris, …|
When Xerxes (Ken Davitian), the evil god king of Persia, sends his massive army to Sparta, King Leonidas (Sean Maguire) and 13 strapping warriors rise up to defend their homeland. Leonidas, Captain (Kevin Sorbo) and the rest face down dancing Persians, bad punch-lines and celebrity look-alikes.
Sean plays Leonidas, the king of the Spartans. He is married to Queen Margo and they have a son together but more often than not we see him attracted to men and even making out with them. He is not necessarily the sharpest tool in the shed and relies on his Captain a lot and goes into a war with Xerxes without a plan.
- This was Sean’s first major blockbuster movie.
- The movie made it to #1 of the US Box Office Charts.
- The movie made almost 3 times its budget, worldwide.
- Sean and Carmen Electra also appear together in the movie With Friends Like These and the TV shows Off Centre and Eve.
- Although Sean plays a gay character on the TV show The Class, this is the first time we see him kiss someone from the same sex, Kevin Sorbo and Phil Morris.